Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Metric | Orpheum Vancouver Nov3rd09



Last night I went to the Metric show at the Orpheum.
First off can we say what a beautiful venue.
When you first walk in there's red carpet on the stairs
and stairs that lead everywhere
You feel as though you are in one of those MC Escher drawings.
Then when you get inside the House Orchestra.
It's amazing.
Beautiful.
Tall high ceilings, columns, a mural on the domed ceiling, the lighting gives a sense of warmth in the room.
And the sound in this theatre.
Incredible.
I think it's the best in town.
This concert was rocking and loud but clean and vibrant!
I felt every bit of it.
These guys are great musicians.
And KicK ass performers.
Each of them are pretty amazing and strong in what they do.
I enjoyed watching all of them express they're talents.
I really enjoyed how they were changing up the songs, as to how they are on the album.
I loved the inspiring, intense, exciting energy.
I thought that all the abstract noises in their music were a subtle but cleaver addition and super cool.
I Loved the Theremin aspect. (i actually got to meet the band after, and the whole time i didn't know what I was going to say, and then when i got up there I complemented on the theremin idea. And we ending up talking about that. Emily and I were talking about the documentary on the Theremin. She had seen it, and I was excited, because I had too....super cool Documentary, check it out if you can. Theremin: An Electronic Odyssey - it's about the history and creator of the theremin)
And well Emily... She rocks my socks.
I don't think i know anyone that is cooler. That is, if i knew her...
Well, I think she is way cool.
The kick off to the show was Twilight Galaxy, which is now my new favourite song.
The drums are like a heartbeat.
It's mellow on the album. But at the show they ended the song with an explosion that got my heart racing.
I'll post a video of the song from the concert. It wasn't from our show, but from the one in Montreal, but it was very close to how our was.
I love these guys!
And i'm proud that they are a Canadian band!!
Metric, you guys rock!

www.ilovemetric.com



A note from Metric's blog click here

No comments: