Monday, May 24, 2010

My palms are turning ORANGE?

















So my palms are turning orange.
it's true, i know.
yesterday, i noticed that my one palm, actually my left palm was orange.
well, had spots of stained orange.
i thought i touched something or, i don't really know, just something.
It looked like faded henna
or something rusty that i've touched and now it's stained me.
but no.
i washed my hands and it's still there.
I washed my hands, fifty times through out the day
and it's still there.

A new day.

This morning i get to work and notice that now,
my right palm is now orange.
What the F?!
ORANGE
Again, I wash.
I scrub.
What the hell?

Now i know that if you eat too many carrots, you can get a tint of orange.
I heard that before
I've always thought it was a little bit of an urban legend,
but i've heard it.

But my problem is that i haven't been eating copious amounts of carrots.
I've been eating a lot of watermelon lately.. does that count?
So i google "palms turning orange"
and the many, many answers i get in return, is that, well clinically,
if you can say that.. I am ingesting too much beta carotene...
But like i said, i'm not ingesting those copious amounts of carrots.
so now i search watermelon...
and this is what i found...
a quote from a long statement of the many things that watermelon does and is...
it goes as such..
"Sweet, juicy watermelon is actually packed with some of the most important antioxidants in nature. Watermelon is an excellent source of vitamin C and a very good source of vitamin A, notably through its concentration of beta-carotene."

Well. I guess there you have it.
My palms are turning orange, because I've been eating watermelon everyday for the past two weeks.
Is this really true?
Huh.
Who knew?
I guess, we will never really know whether this holds true or not.
because you and i both know,
that what you can learn on the internet is only hear say.
any schmo can post something on the internet... look at me as see speak...
it's only up to you to use your ole brain and decide what is usable valuable information that you can learn from and utilize it to make your own opinion.

All i know is that i have a tasty, mouth watering sweet sweet chunk of watermelon sitting in my fridge
and i want to eat it....
but IS IT turning my hands ORANGE!!!!???
OH! This self torture of my mind!!!

No comments: