Monday, April 18, 2011

what makes you, you



I've been doing a lot of thinking, lately..
today I was down at the beach, looking out at the water and mountains.
the sun is warm and beaming on my face.
there's a nice breeze, a little cool
but it's fresh, and clear
I liked it
it was a good balance

I came to the realization that i take so many things for granted.
all my life i've been slow,
and what i mean by that, is when something has finally
become clear to me... a lot of times it's too late.
how did i forget to appreciate all these things and people around that make up my world,
my life
my happiness.
Sometimes in life we feel like we're walking in a tunnel,
we get up and do our usual things,
we become to expect that certain things will be here and there and
we keep forging through so that we can get to the better and brighter, "clearer"
end of the tunnel.
but maybe if we looked around and lose the tunnel vision,
we would see everything around us.
This beautiful day
the sun in my face
this cool breeze blowing my hair,
my funny dog digging in the sand
this beautiful city i live in with mountains
and an ocean and views that fill me up with excitement of many possiblities.
my friends that love love
my friends that are all different but wonderful and funny and creative and smart and strong.
my friends, all with different amazing opinions and qualities that i can learn from them,
even if i don't agree with them.
Oh how they can make me laugh and smile
I appreciate my music
what i know, and what i learn everyday
and what i will know one day
My ukulele, can ALWAYS make me smile

And you know, i do worry
i worry all the frickin' time.
what is going to happen to me when i lose all, or any or even just one of these things?
that is my fear
to lose anything i hold dear
but what i think i need to do,
is to worry less about what is going to happen
and appreciate more what is happening now,
what's here,
not over there.
don't worry, i know i'll get there,
but don't miss everything in the process trying to get there.
That would make the journey pointless
everything in the middle, makes me who i am..
the sun in my face,
the wind in my hair,
my dog digging in the sand
the mountains
the ocean
my cat
my fantastic hilarious, talented, creative, smart and strong minded friends
my ukulele
my music
my everything and my everyone................





No comments: