Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Black Angels | Commodore Ballroom Vancouver

I saw the Black Angels last night.
I haven't listened to them much,
but my friend really enjoys their music
and i'm always up to going to see some music.

I think the show was enjoyable to watch.
The drummer was a girl, and that in itself,
KicKs ass!
You just don't see many girl drummers.
Most of the songs, the drummer and bassist started them.
It really gave it a powerful effect.
Although, I feel that the levels could have been better.
I mean, the guitars seemed to me a little washed out,
and the vocals could have been louder.
But i guess that was an error on the sound guy,
or maybe not,
maybe my ears were just not hearing it.

The band consisted of drums, bass, organ, guitar, vocals,
an occasional accompaniment of low tom and a cymbal from the bassist, for that big sound.
They had an interesting layering psychedelic sound.
I will definitely listen to them more.
Typically, i listen to that mellow, melodic, kinda depressing music..haha,
but i think, i'll put them into my roster of music and see how it works out.

No comments: