Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Concerts! Love them. fill my eyes, my ears and my mind!

Top concerts I've seen thus far this year........

Metric at commodore ballroom. One of my ALL time favourite bands. Got up front, nice and close and jumped up and down with my hands in the air and with every single person in that room!

Radiohead at Thunderbird stadium. It was pissing rain, but it was SO good, it couldn't break the spirit of 22 thousand!

The Breeders at Richards on Richards. Damn this show was amazing! I like seeing shows at richards. great place, small, brick walls. I wasn't expecting much and actually was blown away on this one! Love those surprises. Those girls can still rock! mom jeans and all!

Built to spill at commodore ballroom. love those guys.

Cake at the Vogue theatre...paper lions were an opening act that rocked. i wish I caught a little bit more of their opening show

the Stars at commodore ballroom. just got into them this year...great time.

the Cure at GM place..... it was a random last minute opportunity to go and well...it's the cure, enough said....felt 16 all over again.....oooh ouch, I'm old.

Bedouine soundclash at commodore ballroom. I saw them once before and Mike relm opened for them and he ROCKED the place. Love LOVED him, could have left after that and would have been a happy cat. bedouine, kinda sucked, but I still went again when they came back. Got tickets for a friend's birthday, she wanted to see them, and actually it was a great show. they must have gotten better and we danced all night!

Mike Relm at commodore ballroom. I would like to say that this was a great show. all the times i've seen him before have been great, I just wish I could say I remember this one.......... ehemm

Margaret cho at the Queen elizabeth theatre. now I know this isn't a concert, but it's a show I've seen this year and despite the fact that i managed to buy fake tickets we were lucky enough to still go see this show and we laughed our ASSES off!! Opening act LiamSullivan... hilarious!

Tokyo Police club at the Plaza. You can sorta tell that they're a new young group. But are still pretty good. Liked the light show.

The Virgins at commodore ballroom. Again another band that's pretty green, so not a very long set because they don't have that many songs. They were alright. Songs were done very different to the album.....hmm yeah, it was an okay show.

Tortoise at commodore ballroom. now I'm kinda pushing this to say this year, but if i'm talking about full circle from august last year to august now, i saw them last summer and DAMN! LOVE this band live!! Two drum kits! Two xylaphones! All the band members are interchangable on all the instruments! These guys are just great!!

No comments: